CLOSED – Join the Salanga team
Join our team as an External Trainer
We are looking for an experienced, task-oriented, responsible people to expand our team of external trainers to co-train our safety and security training.
We are also happy to receive applications from those who are starting their career and aspire to work in development and humanitarian sector.
Salanga was originally established in 2007 and currently helps to build the capacity of non-profit organizations and educational institutions, working in international development, humanitarian aid or social-work. Salanga has 3 programmes: 1] MEL (monitoring, evaluation, and learning), 2] Consultancy and proposal writing and 3] Safety and security of Aid Workers.
Within the Safety and security programme we offer:
- Personal security workshops for development & humanitarian professionals;
- HEAT (hostile environment awareness training), an intensive practical course with hands-on activities that allow participants to explore their behavior and learn, apply and experience life-saving behaviors through realistic simulations;
- Consultancy on building organization’s security management structure and security culture;
- Other safety & security advocacy work.
Who is Salanga looking for:
We are searching for responsible, organized, task-oriented people to expand our team of external trainers for safety and security training. What we require is:
- English fluency;
- Experience from working in development and humanitarian context / educational background in development or humanitarian studies;
- Preferably experience with giving training/presentation (confidence speaking in front of people);
- A certain level of safety and security knowledge is preferable but not required;
- Also, the ability to lead workshops and sessions in an interesting and captivating manner is a plus.
We invite to join those, who realize that security and safety is important and key for work in an insecure environment and who are willing to pass their experience and knowledge.
What Salanga Offers:
Salanga provides a strong base and long experience with giving safety & security training and is ready to help to prepare materials and sharing experience from our up to date work. The Salanga team of people is varied and brings together a lot of different knowledge and experience and is happy to have new people join in and enrich what we can provide.
If you are interested to join us as an external trainer and help share knowledge on safety and security among Aid Workers, please do get in touch with Martina Parisova (email@example.com, 728921392) and we can discuss any questions you may have or/and how you can become part of Salanga team