A seminar organized in cooperation with FoRS.
The Czech Forum for Development Cooperation (FoRS), in cooperation with Salanga, are inviting you to take part in a seminar entitled: “How to ensure safety of humanitarian and development workers”.
This seminar is aimed at people working in development and humanitarian organizations, educational institutions and other organizations operating in developing countries.
The goals of the seminar are:
- to present the opportunity to take part in a series of training sessions focused on security issues faced by humanitarian and development workers
- to introduce participants to funding possibilities (from Czech Republic, EU and small foundations) to use for trainings and consultancy focused on personal security & management of security
- to provide participants with a basic overview of how to include security costs in their project budget
- to provide an overview of the trends on the topic of security in the humanitarian and development field
- to have a discussion on how donor organizations (especially state institutions) can help increase the safety of field workers
This seminar will be held on Wednesday, September 14th from 2pm to 4:30pm.