Do you see yourself as an enthusiast in designing and driving a financing model? Marketing and building community around a unique software tool for monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) for international development or social projects?
Join our team as a
Kinaki Sustainability Lead
External, contract position, ideal for an experienced individual with an interest in designing and creating financing models for innovative solutions, building a virtual community, and with existing networks in the Canadian and global NGO and donor landscapes.
Salanga is a for-profit organization working on social enterprise principles, based in Canada and Europe. Salanga works in three areas: 1) project monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL); 2) consultancy and partnerships and; 3) safety and security for aid workers. Our clients and partners are Canadian and global non-profit organizations working in international development, humanitarian aid and social service sectors. For more details about Salanga visit https://www.salanga.org/. Salanga is the creator of Kinaki.
An increasingly important part of Salanga’s approach is Community-led programming and MEL. Salanga contributes to the global movement of community-led programming through its work on the Community-led Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ColMEL) approach and community of practice to (i) facilitate sustainable and equitable change to improve the health and rights of the most vulnerable and marginalized women and girls; (ii) address data gaps at the local, community and household levels; (iii) enhance the implementation of Global Affairs Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy; and, (iv) contribute to the SDGs.
Salanga is the designer and owner of Kinaki (www.kinaki.ca) is a well-established, user-centred Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) tool for project design, collecting and analyzing data; reporting on and aggregating results against the Performance Management Framework (PMF). Kinaki flows seamlessly from the Logic Model through to the PMF and Data Collection to Reports Kinaki removes technological obstacles to make project design, data collection and analysis easier, engaging and more efficient. Less time is spent calculating indicators allowing more time for analyzing results and using data as evidence to influence programming. Kinaki simplifies the MEAL processes and enables project staff to draw evidence-based conclusions. Kinaki is currently used in more than 30 countries on projects with budgets ranging from $250K – $27 mil. CAD. Our goal is to make Kinaki as affordable as possible, so costs are not barriers for NGOs to use while keeping it a viable and sustainable solution.
Salanga is seeking a highly-motivated individual with an excellent understanding of the Canadian NGO and donor landscape in International and Local Development; with diverse expertise and skills that will help us to advance financing for Kinaki – the emerging software-as-service for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL). Specifically, your role will be to help the Salanga team design and build a sustainable financing model (potentially comprising of grants, fee-for-use, crowd-funding and other financing mechanisms) and to support Salanga’s and Kinaki’s story-telling, specifically targeting the strategic audience.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Review existing financing model for Kinaki and existing assets that can be utilized for building a sustainable financing model;
- Collaborate with Salanga team members on the design of the viable and sustainable financing model with 6 months, 1 year, and 5 years outlooks;
- Identify, together with Salanga’s leadership the immediate priorities and oversee implementation of at least the first stage of steps towards sustainable financing;
- Identify and assure delivery of critical marketing and communication efforts towards few selected strategic financing opportunities;
- Set-up processes that will enable the Salanga team to build and leverage the virtual Kinaki community as a foundation for sustainable financing.
- Passion for evidence-based programming and MEAL – our team members are passionate about the work we do. You are keen to search for better, innovative, more inclusive, transparent and reliable ways of doing Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning and programming in International Development.
- Knowledge of International Development – you have a good understanding of Canadian actors in International Development and ideally also non-profits in Canada as well as globally;
- Existing Networks – you have well established existing networks in Canada and globally with funders, NGOs and other potential stakeholders;
- Responsibility and Independence – You can work independently and within our global and remote team. You are a self-motivator, with the ability to assume responsibility and work under your initiative, coping with a demanding workload and prioritizing effectively. You have the flexibility to adapt to new situations that arise when working in a small, dynamic team.
- Experience and Understanding – You have solid experience (5+ years) for innovation financing, ideally with a focus on International Development and Humanitarian Aid;
- Language & Communication – You have excellent written and spoken English and You are a great communicator in person or online.
- Technical Skills & Knowledge – you can guide our team through an exploration of various financial models and their viability for Kinaki. You can create realistic and appealing financial and business plans and proposals for financing;
- Availability – the ideal candidate should be available to start in October 2021.
What Salanga Offers:
- Opportunity to be part of a transformational approach to MEL by utilizing technology and innovation specifically tailored for low-resource settings.
- Huge flexibility on working hours, location and other working conditions;
- Excellent contacts and professional networking in Canadian and global networks;
- Friendly, experienced and passionate global team;
- The successful candidate will work remotely from a home office.
- Opportunity for a long-term collaboration
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please include in your cover letter an anticipated daily rate (or acceptable range) in Canadian Dollars.
If you want to stand-out from other candidates, send us a video or a voice recording, where you introduce yourself and tell us, why you are interested in this job and why should we be interested in you as a candidate.
The deadline for the posting is September 10, 2021.
Candidates will be screened continuously and the position may be filled prior to the deadline.
As an equity-seeking organization, Salanga encourages applications from qualified individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada or globally, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race and sexual orientation. We believe that diversity builds resilience and brings better results.