At Salanga Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”), we take the privacy of your information very seriously and we are guided by these fundamental principles:
- We never knowingly nor intentionally sell, share or provide access to any private information nor any of your data to any third party, except unless to comply with specific law enforcement or a court order.
- The only personal information we collect is what you give us. When you leave a comment, communicate with us by email or sign-up to receive updates from us, you may elect to give us personally-identifiable information such as your name, email address, geographic location, or other information which could be used to locate or contact you.
Salanga is the www.salanga.org website operated by Salanga Inc.
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically by visiting the Salanga site (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (Salanga Inc.)
Data Processor means Salanga Inc. or any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using the Salanga website and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Services to you.
Types of Data Collected
If you sign up to receive email updates from us, comment on a post or email us directly, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials strictly related to Salanga. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting email@example.com.
We may also collect information on how the Salanga website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the Salanga pages that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and unique device identifiers. We record and store this usage data also for security purposes.
Tracking Cookies Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, some parts of our site will not work as they should.
Use of Data
Salanga Inc. uses collected data for various purposes:
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Salanga site when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To monitor the usage of the Salanga website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about Salanga’s services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such notifications
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Salanga Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interest and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Salanga Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Salanga Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Salanga Inc. will never intentionally disclose any of your Privat Data, neither Confidential Data to any other third party.
Salanga Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Salanga Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with Salanga Inc.
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially high-end means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In case of any data leak, we will inform or affected or potentially affected users as soon as possible, without any delays.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Salanga Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our system, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Salanga Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may provide paid products and/or services through Salanga. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
- PayPal / Braintree
- QuickBooks online payments
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites.
Salanga does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Youth and Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.salanga.org/privacy-policy
- Writing us at: Salanga Inc. 123 Slater Street, Unit 6th Floor, Ottawa, Canada K1P 5H2
Updated: September 14, 2021