Hiring: Kinaki Client Success Specialist
Are you passionate about evidence-based programming and impact measurement? Would you enjoy supporting non-profits and high-impact organizations on their journey to meaningfully collect, analyze, and share data to make a difference?
Join our team as a
Kinaki Client Success Specialist
12 months full-time (or at 4 days per week) contract position with an opportunity to move into an employment position. Ideal for an individual with experience and interest in training and supporting individuals and organizations with their adoption and use of online software for data collection and data management; building learning materials and resources, networking and creating community connections, and sharing and leading webinars, demos, presentations and documenting client’s success stories.
Salanga is a unique international development + technology-focused company based in Canada and Europe – at the heart, we are humanitarian and development aid workers who are passionate and committed to creating positive change in the world. We bring a tech-savvy side and hold core expertise in MEAL technology solutions design and implementation, specifically for the humanitarian, development, and social sectors. Our monitoring and evaluation staff have over 15+years of experience in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning database systems and in gender transformative and community-led approaches. Salanga is the leading partner for many Canadian and global non-profits in the area of project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL).
Salanga is committed to Community-led programming and MEAL. We contribute to the global movement on community-led programming through our work in the Community-led Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (CoLMEAL) approach and community of practice. We do this to (i) facilitate sustainable and equitable change to improve the health and rights of the most vulnerable and marginalized women and girls; (ii) address data gaps at the local, community and household levels; (iii) enhance the implementation of Global Affairs Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy; and, (iv) contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
Salanga is the designer and owner of Kinaki (www.kinaki.ca) a well-established, user-centred Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) software for project design, collecting and analyzing data; reporting on and aggregating results against the Performance Management Framework (PMF). Kinaki removes technological obstacles to make project design, data collection and analysis easier, more engaging and more efficient. Less time is spent calculating indicators allowing more time for analyzing results and using data as evidence to influence programming. Kinaki is currently used in more than 40 countries for education, health, climate resilience, youth empowerment, gender equality and other projects.
As the Client Success Specialist, you will:
- Direct outreach campaigns and engage organizations in learning about Kinaki [about 30% of the time], through leading discovery calls, learning webinars, and Kinaki demos, contributing to website and social media content and our marketing strategies and efforts.
- Train and support organizations in effective onboarding and use of Kinaki [about 40% of the time], through demos; customized live training; creating and maintaining video tutorials, drip-learning campaigns, and virtual learning sessions; utilizing our existing or new user support tools (WordPress, UserPilot.com, GoSquared.com) tools; improving existing or creating new learning content and building the virtual Kinaki community.
- Support individual Kinaki users on their Kinaki journey and help Kinaki to keep evolving, [about 20% of the time], through helping Kinaki users, troubleshooting issues, documenting user’s stories and experiences, connecting with Kinaki users via the live support chat, emails or calls and engaging in the Kinaki Product Management process.
- Dive into and participate in other Salanga initiatives and activities in MEAL and CoLMEAL and strategic areas [about 10% of the time] through participating in team training, learning events, webinars, strategic planning, and administrative tasks and other team activities.
- Proven Experience in Training and Facilitation: You have proven experience with training and facilitation (both in-person and online) and are highly comfortable and enjoy engaging and supporting teams and individuals. You are excited and highly competent in designing and leading online demos and webinars (one-on-one and one-on-many) and in-person training.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Processes: You have a good understanding of the adult learning process in a multi-cultural and low-resource settings contexts, knowing that each individual has her/his own needs and pace in learning to achieve the best results and you know how to adapt so they will learn at their best.
- Interest in Monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL): You are keen to be involved in better, innovative, more inclusive, transparent and reliable ways of doing the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. Ideally, you have knowledge of, understanding of and experience in gender equality, using Logic Models, Performance Measurement Frameworks, and other results-based Management tools.
- Experience in software onboarding, clients support or donor relations: Ideally you have relevant or transferable experience in the areas of onboarding users to technology tools, supporting clients on their journey or nurturing client/donor relations
- Knowledge of International Development: you have a good understanding of Canadian actors in International Development and ideally also non-profits in Canada as well as globally.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and ideally also French: you are fluent in English and excel at providing clear and easy-to-understand instructions in English (and ideally also in French) verbal and in writing.
- Excellent Communication and Documentation Skills: You are competent and have experience documenting and writing reports, lesson plans and/or presentations and PowerPoints. You are a great communicator in person or online.
- High sense of Responsibility and Independence: You enjoy and thrive when working independently and within our global and remote team. You are self-motivated, with the ability to assume responsibility and work under your initiative, cope with a demanding workload and prioritize effectively. You have the flexibility to adapt to new situations that arise when working in a small, dynamic team.
- Good Graphic Design and Technical Skills: You have good experience in using various graphic design or video editing tools; the ability to host webinars on online platforms, the ability to learn Kinaki and train others on software; produce website-ready screenshots, etc.) You have a good sense of graphic design and foundations for creating visually appealing, but clear documents, presentations etc.
- Current Ability to legally work in Canada or the EU during the entire duration of the contract.
- Availability – the ideal candidate will be available to start immediately.
What Salanga Offers:
- Opportunity to be part of a friendly, highly experienced, supportive, diverse and inclusive staff team
- Opportunity to contribute to a transformational approach to MEAL by integrating technology and innovation specifically tailored for low-resource settings.
- Huge flexibility on working hours, location and other working conditions
- Excellent contacts and professional networking in Canadian and global networks;
- The successful candidate will work remotely from a home office or co-working space in Ottawa.
- Opportunity for a long-term collaboration
- Opportunity for international travel
- Budget dedicated to personal development
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you want to stand out from other candidates, send us a video or a voice recording, where you introduce yourself and tell us, why you are interested in working with Salanga and in this position, and why you would be a great fit with our team.
The deadline for the posting is May 25, 2022.
Candidates will be screened continuously and the position may be filled prior to the deadline.
As an equity-seeking organization, Salanga encourages and may prioritize applications from qualified individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada or globally, including complexities of intersecting identities such as inabilities, age, class, gender, race and sexual orientation, and ethnic background. We believe that diversity builds resilience and brings better results.
Download this Job Posting in PDF